Ontario Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 917,741 sq km
(water) 158,654 sq km
(TOTAL) 1,076,395 sq km
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq miles, multiply kilometers by: 0.386102
- Land Area: (all provinces)
- Horizontal Width: 1114 km from the Manitoba border directly west of Kenora, then straight east to border with Quebec.
- Vertical Length: 1606 km from Fort Severn, south-southeast to Toronto.
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Country: (1) USA
- Bordering Provinces: (2) Manitoba and Quebec
- Coastline (Hudson/James Bays): 1210 km (752 mi)
- Coastline (Great Lakes): 7600 km (4725 mi)
- Geographic Center: about 6 km NNE of Hornepayne
- Highest Point: Ishpatina Ridge, 693 m (2,274 ft.)
- Lowest Point: Sea Level, Hudson Bay, 0 meters
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
Provinces & Territories Of Canada
This page was last updated on September 29, 2015.