Ontario Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 917,741 sq km
(water) 158,654 sq km
(TOTAL) 1,076,395 sq km
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq miles, multiply kilometers by: 0.386102
- Land Area: (all provinces)
- Horizontal Width: 1114 km from the Manitoba border directly west of Kenora, then straight east to border with Quebec.
- Vertical Length: 1606 km from Fort Severn, south-southeast to Toronto.
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Country: (1) USA
- Bordering Provinces: (2) Manitoba and Quebec
- Coastline (Hudson/James Bays): 1210 km (752 mi)
- Coastline (Great Lakes): 7600 km (4725 mi)
- Geographic Center: about 6 km NNE of Hornepayne
- Highest Point: Ishpatina Ridge, 693 m (2,274 ft.)
- Lowest Point: Sea Level, Hudson Bay, 0 meters
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Provinces & Territories Of Canada
This page was last updated on September 29, 2015.