|Land Area||22,806 km2|
|Water Area||160 km2|
|Total Area||22,966km2 (#147)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (National Assembly) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$3.09 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$8,200|
View all cities in Belize
- Name: Belize
- Capital City: Belmopan (21,000 pop.)
- Belize Population: 334,297 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Belizean Dollar (BZD)
- Ethnicity: Mestizo 48.7%, Creole 24.9%, Maya 10.6%, Garifuna 6.1%, other 9.7%
- GDP total: $2.896 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $8,400 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish 46%, Creole 32.9%, Mayan dialects 8.9%, English 3.9% (official), Garifuna 3.4% (Carib), German 3.3%, other 1.4%, unknown 0.2%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Belize City, San Ignacio, Orange Walk, Belmopan
- Name: formerly British Honduras; the origin of its current name is unknown, however, it's thought to be of African heritage
- Bermuda Day: September 21
- Religion: Roman Catholic 49.6%, Protestant 27% (Pentecostal 7.4%, Anglican 5.3%, Seventh-Day Adventist 5.2%, Mennonite 4.1%, Methodist 3.5%, Jehovah's Witnesses 1.5%), other 14%, none 9.4%
What Languages Are Spoken in Belize?
English and Spanish are the most widely spoken languages in Belize, and bilingualism is very common in the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Belize?
What is the biggest city in Belize?
Belize City is the biggest city in Belize with around 60,000 people.
Biggest Cities In Belize
What is the capital city of Belize?
Belmopan is the capital of Belize.
What Is the Capital of Belize?
Who are the Ecoregions of Belize?
Belize has seven ecoregions: the Peten-Veracruz Moist Forests, the Yucatan Moist Forests, the Belizean Pine Forests, the Belizean Coast Mangroves, the Belizean Reef Mangroves, the Quintana Roo-Motagua, and the Western Caribbean Sea.
Ecological Regions Of Belize
What is the Leading Cause of Death in Belize?
Diabetes tops the list as the number 1 killer in Belize. Of all deaths occurring annually, 9.5% can be attributed to this disease.
Leading Causes Of Death In Belize
Where is Belize?
Belize is a country located in Central America.