- Name: Scotland
- Capital City: Edinburgh (477,660 pop.)
- Scotland Population: 5,295,400 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: British Pound Sterling (GBP)
One British Pound Sterling
- Ethnicity: White 98.2%, South Asian 1.1%, Chinese 0.31%, Mixed 0.24, Black 0.15%
- GDP total: $139.774 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $43,492 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), Gaelic, Scots
- Largest Cities: (by population) Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Paisley, East Kilbride, Livingston, Cumbernauld, Hamilton, Kirkcady
- Name: Scotland's name comes from the Latin word term used to describe the people of Scotland and Ireland.
- National Day: November 30, celebrates Saint Andrew, the Patron Saint of Scotland.
- Religion: Christianity 98%, 2% others
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World