- Name: Latvia
(long form) Republic of Latvia
- Capital City: Riga (706,413 pop.)
- Latvia Population: 2,178,443 (2013 est.)
- Currency: Euro
- Ethnicity: Latvian 59.3%, Russian 27.8%, Belarusian 3.6%, Ukrainian 2.5%, Polish 2.4%, Lithuanian 1.3%, other 3.1%
- GDP total: $37.04 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $18,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Latvian (official) 58.2%, Russian 37.5%, Lithuanian and other 4.3%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Riga, Daugavpils
- Name: Latvia is derived from Latgale (originally Lettigalli), with "Let-" meaning pour, and "-gale" meaning land.
- National Day: November 18
- Religion: Lutheran 19.6%, Orthodox 15.3%, other Christian 1%, other 0.4%, unspecified 63.7%
|Land Area||62,249 km2|
|Water Area||2,340 km2|
|Total Area||64,589km2 (#122)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$50.65 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$25,700|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World