|Land Area||82,629 km2|
|Water Area||3,971 km2|
|Total Area||86,600km2 (#111)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$166.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$17,700|
View all cities in Azerbaijan
- Coastline: 0 km landlocked; note - Azerbaijan borders the Caspian Sea 443 miles (713 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 31,903 sq miles (82,629 sq km)
(water) 1,533 sq miles (3,971 sq km)
(TOTAL) 33,436 sq miles (86,600 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 59 rayons (regions), 11 cities and 1 autonomous republic in Azerbaijan
- Horizontal Width: 119.16 miles (191.78 km) from Xankandi east to Salyan
- Vertical Length: 208.1 miles (334.91 km) from Kuba south to Astara
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (5) Armenia, Georgia, Iran, Russia, Turkey
- Geographic Center: About 48.92 miles (78.7 km) southeast of Mingacevir
- Highest Point: Baza-Dyuzi 14,698 ft. (4,480m)
- Lowest Point: Caspian Sea -91.8 ft. (-28 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
How Much of Azerbaijan is in Europe?
Approximately 2,687.27 square miles of Azerbaijan lies within Europe.
Is Azerbaijan in Europe?
What is the Capital of Azerbaijan?
Baku is the political, economic, and cultural capital of Azerbaijan.
What Is the Capital City of Azerbaijan?
What Languages are Spoken in Azerbaijan?
Azerbaijani, the official language of Azerbaijan, is spoken by more than 90% of the population of the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Azerbaijan?
What is the biggest city in Azerbaijan?
Baku is the largest and the capital city of Azerbaijan.
The Largest Cities In Azerbaijan
Which Are The Biggest Industries In Azerbaijan?
Petroleum and natural gas, steel, iron ore, cement, etc., are some of the biggest industries of Azerbaijan.
The Biggest Industries In Azerbaijan
What are the ethnic groups of Azerbaijan?
92% of the country's residents are ethnic Azerbaijanis, while Lezgins are the largest ethnic minority at 2%.