- Name: Uganda
(long form) Republic of Uganda
- Capital City: Kampala (1,659,600 pop.)
- Uganda Population: 34,758,809 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Uganda Shilling
1000 Ugandan Shillings
- Ethnicity: Baganda 16.9%, Banyakole 9.5%, Basoga 8.4%, Bakiga 6.9%, Iteso 6.4%, Langi 6.1%, Acholi 4.7%, Bagisu 4.6%, Lugbara 4.2%, Bunyoro 2.7%, other 29.6%
- GDP total: $51.27 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $1,400 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official national language, taught in grade schools, used in courts of law and by most newspapers and some radio broadcasts), Ganda or Luganda (most widely used of the Niger-Congo languages, preferred for native language publications in the capital and may be taught in school), other Niger-Congo languages, Nilo-Saharan languages, Swahili, Arabic
- Largest Cities: (by population) Kampala, Gulu, Lira, Mbarara, Jinja
- Name: Meaning Buganda in Swahili, meaning 'Brothers and Sisters'
- National Day: October 9
- Religion: Roman Catholic 41.9%, Protestant 42% (Anglican 35.9%, Pentecostal 4.6%, Seventh Day Adventist 1.5%), Muslim 12.1%, other 3.1%
|Land Area||197,100 km2|
|Water Area||43,938 km2|
|Total Area||241,038km2 (#79)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$84.93 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World