|Land Area||1,030,700 km2|
|Total Area||1,030,700km2 (#28)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$16.71 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$4,400|
View all cities in Mauritania
- Coastline: 468 miles (754 km)
- Land Area:
( land) 397,953 sq miles (1,030,700 sq km)
( water) 0 sq miles (0 sq km)
( TOTAL) 397,953 sq miles (1,030,700 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 13 regions in Mauritania. They are Adrar, Assaba, Brakna, Dakhlet Nouadhibou, Gorgol, Guidimaka, Hodh ech Chargui, Hodh el Gharbi, Inchiri, Nouakchott, Tagant, Tiris Zemmour, and Trarza.
- Horizontal Width: 567.44 miles (913.21 km) from Rosso east to Nema
- Vertical Length: 692.04 miles (1,113.74 km) from Bir Moghrein south to Selibaby
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (4) Algeria, Mali, Senegal, Western Sahara
- Geographic Center: About 273.14 miles (439.57 km) east of Atar
- Highest Point: Kediet Ijill 3,001 ft (915 m)
- Lowest Point: Te-n-Dghamcha -16 ft (-5 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.
Which Countries Have a Theocratic Government?
Some of the countries with a theocratic government include Yemen, Vatican City, Sudan, and Mauritania.