- Name: Algeria
(long form) People's Democratic Republic of Algeria
- Capital City: Algiers (2,988,145 pop.)
- Algeria Population: 38,087,812 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Algerian Dinar
100 Algerian Dinars
- Ethnicity: Arab-Berber 99%, European less than 1%
note: almost all Algerians are Berber in origin, not Arab; the minority who identify themselves as Berber live mostly in the mountainous region of Kabylie east of Algiers; the Berbers are Muslim but identify with their Berber rather than Arab cultural heritage; Berbers have long agitated, sometimes violently, for autonomy; the government is unlikely to grant autonomy but has offered to begin sponsoring teaching Berber language in schools
- GDP total: $274.5 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $7,500 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Arabic (official), French, Berber dialects
- Largest Cities: (by population) Algiers, Oran, Constantine, Batna
- Name: Meaning, "Land of Algiers."
- National Day: November 1
- Religion: Sunni Muslim (state religion) 99%, Christian and Jewish 1%
|Land Area||2,381,741 km2|
|Total Area||2,381,741km2 (#10)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$609.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$15,000|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World