Deepest Oceans & Seas
- Pacific Ocean (35,837 ft) (10,924 meters)
- Atlantic Ocean (30,246 ft) (9,219 meters)
- Indian Ocean (24,460 ft) (7,455 meters)
- Southern Ocean (23,737 ft) (7,236 meters)
- Caribbean Sea (22,788 ft) (6,946 meters)
- Arctic Ocean (18,456 ft) (5,625 meters)
- South China Sea (16,456 ft) (5,016 meters)
- Bering Sea (15,659 ft) (4,773 meters)
- Mediterranean Sea (15,197 ft) (4,632 meters)
- Gulf of Mexico (12,425 ft) (3,787 meters)
- Surface Area of the Planet (510,066,000 sq km)
- Land Area on the Planet (148,647,000 sq km) 29.1%
- Ocean Area (335,258,000 sq km)
- Total Water Area (361,419,000 sq km) 70.9%
- Type of Water (97% salt), (3% fresh)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq miles,
multiply kilometers by: 0.386102
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World