- Name: Australia
(long form) Commonwealth of Australia
- Capital City: Canberra (367,752 pop.)
- Australia Population: 23,480,939 (2014 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
5 Australian Dollars
- Australian Ethnicity: (countrywide breakdown) English 32%, Australian 27%, Irish 7%, Italian 4%, indigenous 3%, Scottish 2%, German 2%, Chinese 2%
- Australian Languages: (countrywide breakdown) English 78.5%, Chinese 2.5%, Italian 1.6%, Greek 1.3%, Arabic 1.2%, Vietnamese 1%, other 8.2%, unspecified 5.7% (2006 Census)
- Australian Religion: (countrywide breakdown) Protestant 27.4% (Anglican 18.7%, Uniting Church 5.7%, Presbyterian and Reformed 3%), Catholic 25.8%, Eastern Orthodox 2.7%, other Christian 7.9%, Buddhist 2.1%, Muslim 1.7%, other 2.4%, unspecified 11.3%, none 18.7% (2006 Census)
- GDP total: $907.7 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $42,400 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Largest Cities: (by population) Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Canberra, Wollongong, Logan City
- Name: From the Latin australis, meaning "southern"
- National Day: January 26
|Land Area||7,682,300 km2|
|Water Area||58,920 km2|
|Total Area||7,741,220km2 (#6)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Federal Parliament) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,190.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$48,800|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World