Nevada Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 109,826 sq miles
(water) 761 sq miles
(TOTAL) 110,587 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 318 miles
- Vertical Length: 488 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (5) California, Oregon, Idaho, Utah and Arizona
- Counties: (17) Map
- County: (largest by population) Clark, 1,375,765
- Geographic Center: approximately 26 miles to the southeast of Austin, in Lander County
- Highest Point: Boundary Peak, 13,140 ft.
- Lowest Point: is along the Colorado River near its border with California (479 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 5,489 ft.
- Relative Location
Nevada Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Carson City||Carson City||775|
|North Las Vegas||Clark||702|
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.