Connecticut Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 4,845 sq miles
(water) 698 sq miles
(TOTAL) 5,543 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 88 miles from the central New York border, directly east to the Rhode Island border
- Vertical Length: 60 miles from Bridgeport, straight north to the Massachusetts border
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Rhode Island, Massachusetts and New York
- Counties: (8) Map
- County: (largest by population) Fairfield 891,469
- Geographic Center: Located in East Berlin, in Hartford County
- Highest Point: Mt. Frissell, at 2,380 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 498 ft.
- Relative Location
Mt. Frissell, at 2,380 ft.
Connecticut Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|New Haven||New Haven||203|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World