Connecticut Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 4,845 sq miles
(water) 698 sq miles
(TOTAL) 5,543 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 88 miles from the central New York border, directly east to the Rhode Island border
- Vertical Length: 60 miles from Bridgeport, straight north to the Massachusetts border
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Rhode Island, Massachusetts and New York
- Counties: (8) Map
- County: (largest by population) Fairfield 891,469
- Geographic Center: Located in East Berlin, in Hartford County
- Highest Point: Mt. Frissell, at 2,380 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 498 ft.
- Relative Location
Mt. Frissell, at 2,380 ft.
Connecticut Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|New Haven||New Haven||203|
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.