Arizona Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 113,635 sq miles
(water) 365 sq miles
(TOTAL) 114,000 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 333 miles
- Vertical Length: 397 miles
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (5) California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico
- Counties: (15) Map
- County: (largest by population) Maricopa, 3,072,149
- Geographic Center: approximately 55 miles to the southeast of Prescott, in Yavapai County
- Highest Point: Humphreys Peak, 12,633 ft.
- Lowest Point: is along the Colorado River, north of Yuma (70 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation (average) 4,089 ft.
- Relative Location
Colorado River and the Grand Canyon
Arizona Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Lake Havasu City||Mohave||928|
|San Tan Valley||Pinal||480|
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.