Scotland Geography Statistics of
- Coastline: 13,115 km (8,149 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 30,251 sq miles (78,352 sq km)
(water) 356 sq miles (930 sq km)
(TOTAL) 30,607 sq miles (79,272 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: Scotland divides itself into 32 council areas. They are Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Argyll and Bute, Clackmannanshire, Dumfries and Galloway, Dundee City, East Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, East Lothian, East Renfrewshire, City of Edinburgh, Falkirk, Fife, Glasgow City, Highland, Inverclyde, Midlothian, Moray, North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire, Perth and Kinross, Rendfrewshire, Scottish Borders, South Ayrshire, South Lanarkshire, Stirling, West Dunbartonshire, West Lothian, Na h-Eileanan Siar, Orkney Islands, and Shetland Islands
- Regions Map
- Regions: (largest by pop) Glasgow City 588,470
- Regions: (largest by size) Highland 26,484 sq km (10,225 sq miles)
- Geographic Center: 6.7 miles (4.1 miles) south of Inverness near the town of Newtonmore
- Horizontal Width: 310 km (192 miles) from the far southwestern coastline of the Isle of Mull, northwest to Petershead
- Vertical Length: 410 km (254 miles) from the city of Thurso, directly south to the Cheviot Hills, and the southern border with England
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (1) England
- Highest Point: Ben Nevis, 1,343 meters (4,406 ft)
- Lowest Point: North Sea coastline, 0 m (0 ft)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World