England Geography Statistics of
- Coastline: 3,246 km (2,016 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 49,944 sq miles (129,355 sq km)
(water) 594 sq miles (1,540 sq km)
(TOTAL) 50,538 sq miles (130,895 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 9 regions in England. They are: Northeast, Northwest, Yorkshire and the Humber, East Midlands, West Midlands, East, London, Southeast, and Southwest.
- Regions Map
- Horizontal Width: 292 km (181 miles) from the Wye River along the border with Wales east to Ipswich
- Vertical Length: 558 km (346 miles) from the Tweed River on the border with Scotland south to Portsmouth
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (2) Scotland and Wales
- Geographic Center: 51 km (32 miles) southeast of Birmingham
- Highest Point: Scafell Pike, a mountain located in the Lake District, at 978 meters (3,208 ft)
- Lowest Point: (-4 meters) (-13 ft) below sea level, in a low region of marsh area called The Fens
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
Countries of Europe
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.