England Geography Statistics of
- Coastline: 3,246 km (2,016 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 49,944 sq miles (129,355 sq km)
(water) 594 sq miles (1,540 sq km)
(TOTAL) 50,538 sq miles (130,895 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 9 regions in England. They are: Northeast, Northwest, Yorkshire and the Humber, East Midlands, West Midlands, East, London, Southeast, and Southwest.
- Regions Map
- Horizontal Width: 292 km (181 miles) from the Wye River along the border with Wales east to Ipswich
- Vertical Length: 558 km (346 miles) from the Tweed River on the border with Scotland south to Portsmouth
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (2) Scotland and Wales
- Geographic Center: 51 km (32 miles) southeast of Birmingham
- Highest Point: Scafell Pike, a mountain located in the Lake District, at 978 meters (3,208 ft)
- Lowest Point: (-4 meters) (-13 ft) below sea level, in a low region of marsh area called The Fens
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World