- Coastline: 0 km landlocked (0 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 9,524 sq miles (24,668 sq km)
(water) 645 sq miles (1,670 sq km)
(TOTAL) 10,169 sq miles (26,338 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 4 arrondissements, 24 communes, and 47 cantons in Rwanda.
- Horizontal Width: 303.26 miles (488.0 km) from Cyangugu east to Kibungo
- Vertical Length: 268.47 miles (432.06 km) from Ruhengeri south to Butare
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (4) Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Tanzania and Uganda
- Geographic Center: About 72.26 miles (116.29 km) southeast of Kigali
- Highest Point: Karisimbi 14,826 ft. (4,519 m)
- Lowest Point: Rusizi River 3,116 ft. (950 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||24,668 km2|
|Water Area||1,670 km2|
|Total Area||26,338km2 (#144)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$21.97 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World