- Name: Uruguay
(long form) Oriental Republic of Uruguay
- Capital City: Montevideo (1,336,878 pop.)
- Uruguay Population: 3,324,460 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Uruguayan Peso (UYU)
Two Thousand Uruguayan Pesos
- Ethnicity: White 88%, Mestizo 8%, Black 4%, Amerindian (practically nonexistent)
- GDP total: $53.55 billion (2012)
- GDP per capita: $15,800 (2012)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official), Portunol
- Largest Cities: (by population) Montevideo, Salto, Paysandu, Las Piedras, Rivera, Maldonado, Tacuarembo, Melo, Mercedes, Artigas
- Name: The name Uruguay means "river where the loud painted birds live" in the Guarani language.
- National Day: August 25
- Religion: Roman Catholic 47.1%, non-Catholic Christians 11.1%, nondenominational 23.2%, Jewish 0.3%, atheist or agnostic 17.2%, other 1.1%
|Land Area||175,015 km2|
|Water Area||1,200 km2|
|Total Area||176,215km2 (#89)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$73.25 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$20,300|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World