- Coastline: 0 miles (0 km) (landlocked)
- Land Area:
(land) 418,685 sq miles (1,084,390 sq km)
(water) 5,479 sq miles (14,190 sq km)
(TOTAL) 424,164 sq miles (1,098,580 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 9 departments: Chuquisaca, Cochabamba, Beni, La Paz, Oruro, Pando, Potosi, Santa Cruz and Tarija.
- Horizontal Width: 1039 km (646 miles) from La Paz to the eastern border with Brazil
- Vertical Length: 1229 km (760 miles) from Villazon to the northern border with Brazil
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (5) Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Brazil, Peru
- Geographic Center: 124 km (77 miles) NE of Cochabamba at coordinates 17 15 S, 65 13 W
- Highest Point: Nevado Sajama - 21,463 ft.
- Lowest Point: Paraguay River - 295 ft. (90 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||1,083,301 km2|
|Water Area||15,280 km2|
|Total Area||1,098,581km2 (#27)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$78.66 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$7,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World