- Land Area:
(land) 9,250 sq miles
(water) 366 sq miles
(TOTAL) 9,616 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 80 miles from Burlington, straight east to the Connecticut River
- Vertical Length: 143 miles from Newport, directly south to Brattleboro
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point,
straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will
vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Massachusetts, New York and New Hampshire
- Counties: (14) Map
- County: (largest by population) Chittenden 148,945
- Geographic Center: about 3 miles to the east of Roxbury in Washington County
- Highest Point: Mt. Mansfield, 4,393 ft.
- Lowest Point: Lake Champlain shoreline, 95 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 1011 ft.
- Relative Location