- Capital City: Richmond (pop.) 200,123 (2008 est.)
- Virginia Population: 8,185,867 (2012 est.) (12th)
- Virginia Population: (per square mile)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- Virginia QuarterThe Virginia quarter, the 10th in
the series and the last quarter to be released in the 2000 series,
honors Jamestown, Virginia, the first permanent English settlement in
the United States.
The Virginia quarter commemorates the three ships, Susan Constant, Godspeed and Discover, which brought the first English settlers to Jamestown in 1607. Additional details
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Richmond, Newport News, Alexandria
- Name: Virginia was named for Queen Elizabeth I of England (the Virgin Queen)
- Norfolk Facts
- Richmond Facts
- Statehood: June 25, 1788 (10th state)
- Virginia Beach Facts
- Williamsburg Facts
Christ Church, Alexandria
Virginia Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries