Louisiana Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 43,562 sq miles
(water) 8,277 sq miles
(TOTAL) 51,839 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 266 miles
- Vertical Length: 364 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas
- Parishes: (64) Map
- Parish: (largest by population)
E. Baton Rouge 443,580
Note: Due to damage inflicted by Hurricane Katrina and the relocation of Louisania residents, any population numbers shown for Louisiana are now considered estimates.
- Geographic Center: approximately 4 miles to the southeast of Marksville, in Avoyelles Parish.
- Highest Point: Driskill Mountain, 535 ft.
- Lowest Point: is along the Mississippi River in the city of New Orleans (-9 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: (average) 98 ft.
- Relative Location
Louisiana Gulf of Mexico Wetlands
Louisiana Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
Countries That Start With The Letter G
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country
The World's Most Visited Countries