Louisiana Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 43,562 sq miles
(water) 8,277 sq miles
(TOTAL) 51,839 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 266 miles
- Vertical Length: 364 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas
- Parishes: (64) Map
- Parish: (largest by population)
E. Baton Rouge 443,580
Note: Due to damage inflicted by Hurricane Katrina and the relocation of Louisania residents, any population numbers shown for Louisiana are now considered estimates.
- Geographic Center: approximately 4 miles to the southeast of Marksville, in Avoyelles Parish.
- Highest Point: Driskill Mountain, 535 ft.
- Lowest Point: is along the Mississippi River in the city of New Orleans (-9 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: (average) 98 ft.
- Relative Location
Louisiana Gulf of Mexico Wetlands
Louisiana Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.