Hawaii Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 6,423 sq miles
(water) 4,508 sq miles (the number shown for water
is over 99% Pacific Ocean territorial waters)
(TOTAL) 10,931 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Land Measurements: The Hawaiian Archipelago includes 18 islands (7 inhabitable) and 113 (small and uninhabitable) coral atolls that strectch across the Pacific Ocean for some 1,500 miles. On our map (upper left) we show the eight largest islands. Width and length numbers shown (below) use Hawaii (the Big Island).
- Horizontal Width: 95 miles
- Vertical Length: 82 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (0)
- Counties: (4) Map
- County: (largest by population) Honolulu, 876,156
- Geographic Center: (using the 8 largest islands) 16.5 miles southwest of the southern coastline of Lanai.
- Hawaiian Landforms (pictures)
- Highest Point: Mauna Kea, 13,796 ft.
- Lowest Point: Pacific Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: (using 8 largest islands) 3.092 ft.
- Relative Location
Sea Arch, Big Island
Hawaii Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Richest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
10 States With The Largest African-American Populations
The Richest Countries In Africa
30 Least Populated Countries In The World
Largest Religions In The World