California Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 155,959 sq miles
(water) 7,734 sq miles
(TOTAL)163,693 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 354 miles
- Vertical Length: 779 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Oregon, Nevada and Arizona
- Counties: (58) Map
- County: (largest by population) Los Angeles, 9,519,338
- Geographic Center: approximately 39 miles to the east of Madera, in Madera County
- Highest Point: Mt. Whitney, 14,494 ft.
- Lowest Point: in California, and in the entire United States, is in Death Valley, (-282 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: (average) 2,912 ft.
- Relative Location
California Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on July 10, 2020.