California Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 155,959 sq miles
(water) 7,734 sq miles
(TOTAL)163,693 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 354 miles
- Vertical Length: 779 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Oregon, Nevada and Arizona
- Counties: (58) Map
- County: (largest by population) Los Angeles, 9,519,338
- Geographic Center: approximately 39 miles to the east of Madera, in Madera County
- Highest Point: Mt. Whitney, 14,494 ft.
- Lowest Point: in California, and in the entire United States, is in Death Valley, (-282 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: (average) 2,912 ft.
- Relative Location
California Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World