California Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 155,959 sq miles
(water) 7,734 sq miles
(TOTAL)163,693 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 354 miles
- Vertical Length: 779 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Oregon, Nevada and Arizona
- Counties: (58) Map
- County: (largest by population) Los Angeles, 9,519,338
- Geographic Center: approximately 39 miles to the east of Madera, in Madera County
- Highest Point: Mt. Whitney, 14,494 ft.
- Lowest Point: in California, and in the entire United States, is in Death Valley, (-282 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: (average) 2,912 ft.
- Relative Location
California Cities, Counties & Area Codes
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.