|Land Area||579,330 km2|
|Water Area||24,220 km2|
|Total Area||603,550km2 (#45)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$353.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$8,200|
View all cities in Ukraine
- Coastline: 1,728 miles (2,782 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 223,679 sq miles (579,330 sq km)
(water) 9,351 sq miles (24,220 sq km)
(TOTAL) 233,031 sq miles (603,550 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 24 oblasti, 2 municipalities** and 1 autonomous republic*: Cherkasy, Chernihiv, Chernivtsi, Crimea or Avtonomna Respublika Krym* (Simferopol'), Dnipropetrovs'k, Donets'k, Ivano-Frankivs'k, Kharkiv, Kherson, Khmel'nyts'kyy, Kirovohrad, Kyiv**, Kyiv, Luhans'k, L'viv, Mykolayiv, Odesa, Poltava, Rivne, Sevastopol'**, Sumy, Ternopil', Vinnytsya, Volyn' (Luts'k), Zakarpattya (Uzhhorod), Zaporizhzhya, Zhytomyr
- Horizontal Width: 784.93 miles (1263.22 km) from Uzhhorod east to Luhans'k
- Vertical Length: 346.4 miles (557.48 km) from Odesa north to Chernihiv
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (8) Belarus, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania (south), Romania (southwest), Russia, Slovakia
- Geographic Center: 6.71 miles (10.78 km) northeast of Kirovohrad
- Highest Point: Hora Hoverla 6,762 ft (2,061 m)
- Lowest Point: Black Sea 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Ukraine?
Ethnic Ukrainians make up almost four-fifths of the population, followed by significant minorities from neighboring countries including Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus.
Major Ethnic Groups Of Ukraine
Does Anything Live in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone?
Some of the animals that still live around the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone include wolves, elks, bears, and lynxes.