|Land Area||91,470 km2|
|Water Area||620 km2|
|Total Area||92,090km2 (#109)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$297.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$28,500|
|More Information||Portugal History|
View all cities in Portugal
- Coastline: 1,114 miles (1,793 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 35,317 sq miles (91,470 sq km)
(water) 239 sq miles (620 sq km)
(TOTAL) 35,556 sq miles (92,090 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 18 districts, including:
Aveiro, Beja, Braga, Braganca, Castelo Branco, Coimbra, Evora, Faro,
Guarda, Leiria, Lisboa, Portalegre, Porto, Santarem, Setubal, Viana do
Castelo, Vila Real and Viseu.
Autonomous regions include the Azores and the Madeira islands.
- Horizontal Width: 88.04 miles (141.69 km) from Nazare east to Portalegre
- Vertical Length: 294.84 miles (474.5 km) from Lagos northeast to Braganca
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (1) Spain
- Geographic Center: about 46.94 miles (75.55 km) east of Nazare
- Highest Point: Ponta do Pico 7,713 ft (2,351 m)
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.
What are some of the most affordable places to study abroad in Europe?
Turkey, Poland, Estonia, Hungary, Portugal, and Austria are some of Europe's most affordable study destinations.