|Land Area||304,255 km2|
|Water Area||8,430 km2|
|Total Area||312,685km2 (#69)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,050.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$27,700|
View all cities in Poland
- Coastline: 273.4 miles (440 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 117,473 sq miles (304,255 sq km)
(water) 3,255 sq miles (8,430 sq km)
(TOTAL) 120,728 sq miles (312,685 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 16 provinces in Poland. They are: Dolnoslaskie, Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Lodzkie, Lubelskie, Lubuskie, Malopolskie, Mazowieckie, Opolskie, Podkarpackie, Podlaskie, Pomorskie, Slaskie, Swietokrzyskie, Warminsko-Mazurskie, Wielkopolskie, Zachodniopomorskie
- Horizontal Width: 358.05 miles (576.23 km) from Szczecin east to Bialystok
- Vertical Length: 281.82 miles (453.55 km) from Gdansk southeast to Krakow
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (7) Belarus, Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine
- Geographic Center: 69.21 miles (111.38 km) northwest of Lodz
- Highest Point: Rysy 8,187 feet (2,499 m)
- Lowest Point: Raczki Elblaskie -6.5 feet (-2 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What is the Largest Ethnic Minority in Poland?
Germans are the largest ethnic minorities in Poland with a population of about 49,000. The Belorussians are the second largest ethnic minority group in Poland with a population of about 37,000.
Largest Ethnic Minorities In Poland
What is a Puppet Government?
A "puppet state" is a government that has little will of its own, as it needs financial backing or military support. Thus, it acts an a subordinate to another power in exchange for its own survival. The puppet government still holds its own facade of an identity, perpetuated by retaining its own flag, name, national anthem, law, and constitution. However, these type of governments are not considered as legitimate according to international law.