|Land Area||30,278 km2|
|Water Area||250 km2|
|Total Area||30,528km2 (#136)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Democracy Under A Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$509.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$44,900|
View all cities in Belgium
- Name: Belgium
(long form) Kingdom of Belgium
- Capital City: Brussels (144,784 pop.)
- Belgium Population: 10,444,268 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Euro
- Ethnicity: Fleming 58%, Walloon 31%, mixed or other 11%
- GDP total: $419.6 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $38,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Dutch (official) 60%, French (official) 40%, German (official) less than 1%, legally bilingual (Dutch and French)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Charleroi, Liege, Brugges, Namur
- Name: Belgium's name comes from the Celtic tribe Belgae, which is derived from a Roman province called Gallia Belgica
- National Day: July 21
- Religion: Roman Catholic 75%, other (includes Protestant) 25%
What is the most populated city in Belgium?
Brussels is by far the most populous metropolitan area in Belgium, and is also the capital city. Approximately 1,789,447 people live throughout the entire metropolitan area.
Biggest Cities In Belgium
What are the major rivers of Belgium?
The Meuse River is the largest river to pass through Belgium. Other major rivers include Scheldt River, Oise River, Semois River, and Leie River.
Major Rivers Of Belgium
What Languages Are Spoken in Belgium?
Dutch, French, and German are the 3 official languages of Belgium, while English is also widely spoken throughout the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Belgium?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Belgium?
The Flemish ethnic group is the largest group in Belgium, followed by Walloon and Italian.
Largest Ethnic Groups And Nationalities In Belgium
What type of government does Belgium have?
Belgium has a representative democratic, constitutional monarchy. The Prime Minister of the country serves as the head of government. The Belgian Parliament has two chambers, the Senate and the Chamber of Representatives. The Parliament and the government exercise the federal legislative power. The executive power is vested in the Government. The King of the Belgians is the head of state.
What Type Of Government Does Belgium Have?
What is the Capital of Belgium?
The capital of Belgium is the City of Brussels, which is the largest of the 19 municipalities within the Brussels-Capital Region. This city also serves as the administrative center of the European Union.