|Land Area||82,445 km2|
|Water Area||1,426 km2|
|Total Area||83,871km2 (#112)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$417.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$47,900|
View all cities in Austria
- Coastline: 0 km landlocked (0 miles)
- Land Area:
( land) 31,832 sq miles (82,445 sq km)
( water) 551 sq miles (1,426 sq km)
( TOTAL) 32,383 sq miles (83,871 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 9 states: Burgenland, Kaernten, Niederoesterreich, Oberoesterreich, Salzburg, Steiermark, Tirol, Vorarlberg and Wien
- Horizontal Width: 242.12 miles (389.46 km) from Vienna southwest to Innsbruck
- Vertical Length: 138.19 miles (222.4 km) from Linz south to Klagenfurt
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (8) Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Switzerland
- Geographic Center: 74.39 miles (119.73 km) northeast of Klagenfurt
- Highest Point: Grossglockner 12,460 ft (3,798 m)
- Lowest Point: Neusiedler See 508 ft. (155 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What Languages are Spoken in Austria?
Austrian German is the official language of Austria, while Alemannic and Austro-Bavarian are the major unofficial languages.
What Language Is Spoken In Austria?
What is the Biggest City in Austria?
Vienna, the capital of Austria, is the most heavily populated city in the country with a population of 1,840,573 individuals.
The Biggest Cities In Austria
What is the Capital of Austria?
Vienna is the capital city of the Austria and is also the largest city in the country with a population of 1.8 million people. The city is one of the most important cities in the European Union, hosting the headquarters of many international organizations. Vienna has a rich history and has fully embraced modernization. The city is famed for its high quality of life.
What Is The Capital Of Austria?
What Kind of Government Does Austria Have?
The government of Austria is carried out under a representative democracy framework. Austria has a bicameral parliamentary system and is headed by two positions: the Federal President and the Federal Chancellor. The Constitution of Austria has established 3 branches of government in order to ensure a separation of powers: executive, legislative, and judicial.
What Type Of Government Does Austria Have?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Austria?
Ethnic Austrians comprise the most populous ethnic group in the nation of Austria today. Other major ethnic groups include Turks, Germans, Serbs, and Slovenes.
Ethnic Groups in Austria
What Was the Battle Karansebes?
The Battle of Karansebes is notable for its friendly fire incident that resulted in the death of up to 1,200 Austrians at the hand of Austrians.