|Land Area||769,632 km2|
|Water Area||13,930 km2|
|Total Area||783,562km2 (#36)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,700.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$21,100|
View all cities in Turkey
In The News
- Coastline: 4,473 miles (7,200 km)
- Land Area:
( land) 297,155 sq miles (769,632 sq km)
( water) 5,378 sq miles (13,930 sq km)
( TOTAL) 302,533 sq miles (783,562 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 81 provinces in Turkey.
- Horizontal Width: 1,083.69 miles (1,744.03 km) from Izmir east to Van
- Vertical Length: 379.43 miles (610.63 km) from Antalya north to Izmit
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (8) Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Iran, Iraq, Syria
- Geographic Center: About 47.64 miles (76.66 km) northwest of Kaysen
- Highest Point: Mt. Ararat 16,948 ft. (5,166m)
- Lowest Point: Mediterranean Sea 0m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
What are the Largest Ethnic Groups in Turkey?
Turks make up the largest ethnic group in Turkey, with a total share of 72.5% of the population. Kurds make up the second largest group, at 12.7%.
The Ethnic Groups Of Turkey
What type of economy does Turkey have?
Turkey is an important emerging economy with a positive growth rate. Turkey is the fastest growing economy in Europe.
The Economy Of Turkey
What are some of the most affordable places to study abroad in Europe?
Turkey, Poland, Estonia, Hungary, Portugal, and Austria are some of Europe's most affordable study destinations.