|Land Area||769,632 km2|
|Water Area||13,930 km2|
|Total Area||783,562km2 (#36)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,700.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$21,100|
View all cities in Turkey
In The News
- Coastline: 4,473 miles (7,200 km)
- Land Area:
( land) 297,155 sq miles (769,632 sq km)
( water) 5,378 sq miles (13,930 sq km)
( TOTAL) 302,533 sq miles (783,562 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 81 provinces in Turkey.
- Horizontal Width: 1,083.69 miles (1,744.03 km) from Izmir east to Van
- Vertical Length: 379.43 miles (610.63 km) from Antalya north to Izmit
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (8) Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Iran, Iraq, Syria
- Geographic Center: About 47.64 miles (76.66 km) northwest of Kaysen
- Highest Point: Mt. Ararat 16,948 ft. (5,166m)
- Lowest Point: Mediterranean Sea 0m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What are the Largest Ethnic Groups in Turkey?
Turks make up the largest ethnic group in Turkey, with a total share of 72.5% of the population. Kurds make up the second largest group, at 12.7%.
The Ethnic Groups Of Turkey
What type of economy does Turkey have?
Turkey is an important emerging economy with a positive growth rate. Turkey is the fastest growing economy in Europe.