- Name: Kazakhstan
(long form) Republic of Kazakhstan
- Capital City: Astana (708,794 pop.)
- Kazakhstan Population: 17,736,896 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Tenge (KZT)
- Ethnicity: Kazakh (Qazaq) 53.4%, Russian 30%, Ukrainian 3.7%, Uzbek 2.5%, German 2.4%, Tatar 1.7%, Uighur 1.4%, other 4.9%
- GDP total: $231.3 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $13,900 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Kazakh (Qazaq, state language) 64.4%, Russian (official, used in everyday business, designated the language of interethnic communication) 95%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Almaty, Karagandy, Shymkent, Taraz, Astana, Pavlodar, Qyzylorda
- Name: From an ancient Turkic word meaning "independent, a free spirit" referencing the Kazakhs' nomadic horseback culture.
- National Day: December 16
- Religion: Muslim 47%, Russian Orthodox 44%, Protestant 2%, other 7%
|Land Area||2,699,700 km2|
|Water Area||25,200 km2|
|Total Area||2,724,900km2 (#9)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$469.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$25,700|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World