|Land Area||2,699,700 km2|
|Water Area||25,200 km2|
|Total Area||2,724,900km2 (#9)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$469.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$25,700|
View all cities in Kazakhstan
- Name: Kazakhstan
(long form) Republic of Kazakhstan
- Capital City: Astana (708,794 pop.)
- Kazakhstan Population: 17,736,896 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Tenge (KZT)
- Ethnicity: Kazakh (Qazaq) 53.4%, Russian 30%, Ukrainian 3.7%, Uzbek 2.5%, German 2.4%, Tatar 1.7%, Uighur 1.4%, other 4.9%
- GDP total: $231.3 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $13,900 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Kazakh (Qazaq, state language) 64.4%, Russian (official, used in everyday business, designated the language of interethnic communication) 95%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Nur-Sultan, Karagandy, Shymkent, Taraz, Astana, Pavlodar, Qyzylorda
- Name: From an ancient Turkic word meaning "independent, a free spirit" referencing the Kazakhs' nomadic horseback culture.
- National Day: December 16
- Religion: Muslim 47%, Russian Orthodox 44%, Protestant 2%, other 7%
What Kind of Economy Does Kazakhstan Have?
The economy of Kazakhstan is the largest one in Central Asia and is supported by enormous oil reserves, minerals, and metals.
The Economy Of Kazakhstan
Which Is The Most Populous City In Kazakhstan?
With a population of nearly 2 million people, Almaty is Kazakhstan’s most populous city. It houses about 8% of the country’s total population.
Biggest Cities In Kazakhstan
What is the majority religion in Kazakhstan?
Islam is the highest religion making up to 70% of the population, followed by Christianity forming 26% and other religions in the minority.
Religion in Kazakhstan
What Languages are Spoken in Kazakhstan?
Kazakhstan is a bilingual nation where both Kazakh and Russian are spoken widely in the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Kazakhstan?
What is the Capital of Kazakhstan?
Located on the Ishim River's bank, Astana is the capital city of Kazakhstan.
What Is The Capital Of Kazakhstan?
Where is Star Fruit Grown?
Star fruit is a marshy plant native to Kazakhstan, Spain, Portugal, Great Britain, Russia, and France. It grows favorably in marshes and ponds and can grow to reach 1 foot. I