- Name: Mozambique
(long form) Republic of Mozambique
- Capital City: Maputo (1,244,227 pop.)
- Mozambique Population: 24,096,669 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Mozambican metical
- Ethnicity: African 99.66% (Makhuwa, Tsonga, Lomwe, Sena, and others), Europeans 0.06%, Euro-Africans 0.2%, Indians 0.08%
- GDP total: $26.69 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $1,200 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Emakhuwa 26.1%, Xichangana 11.3%, Portuguese 8.8% (official; spoken by 27% of population as a second language), Elomwe 7.6%, Cisena 6.8%, Echuwabo 5.8%, other Mozambican languages 32%, other foreign languages 0.3%, unspecified 1.3%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Maputo, Matola, Beira, Nampula, Chimoio, Nacala
- Name: Presumably from previous Arab ruler, the sheik Mussa Ben Mbiki.
- National Day: June 25
- Religion: Catholic 23.8%, Muslim 17.8%, Zionist Christian 17.5%, other 17.8%, none 23.1%
|Land Area||786,380 km2|
|Water Area||13,000 km2|
|Total Area||799,380km2 (#34)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$35.01 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World