|Land Area||30,355 km2|
|Total Area||30,355km2 (#137)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$6.02 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,100|
View all cities in Lesotho
- Coastline: 0 km landlocked (0 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 11,720 sq miles (30,355 sq km)
(water) 0 sq miles (0 sq km)
(TOTAL) 11,720 sq miles (30,355 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 10 districts in Lesotho. They are Berea, Butha-Buthe, Leribe, Mafeteng, Maseru, Mohale's Hoek, Mokhotlong, Qacha's Nek, Quthing, Thaba-Tseka
- Horizontal Width: 109.5 miles (176.22 km) from Mafeteng east to Sehlabathebe
- Vertical Length: 61.19 miles (98.47 km) from Pitseng southeast to Sehlabathebe
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (1) South Africa
- Geographic Center: About 27.36 miles (44.03 km) west of Thaba Tseka
- Highest Point: Thabana Ntlenyana 11,423 ft. (3,482 m)
- Lowest Point: junction of the Orange and Makhaleng Rivers 4,593 ft (1,400 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What Kind of Government Does Lesotho Have?
Lesotho is a parliamentary representative democratic constitutional monarchy.
What Type Of Government Does Lesotho Have?
What is the Capital of Lesotho?
Maseru is the capital city of Lesotho, a country in southern part of the African continent.
What Is the Capital of Lesotho?
What Languages Are Spoken In Lesotho?
English and Sesotho are the official languages of Lesotho. Sesotho is also the country’s national language. It is a Southern Bantu language that is spoken as a first language by over 90% of Lesotho’s population. Zulu, Phuthi, and Xhosa are some of the other languages spoken by small sections of the country’s population. Afrikaans is spoken by a section of immigrants in Lesotho.
Languages Of Lesotho
What is the biggest city in Lesotho?
Maseru is the largest city in Lesotho and the capital of the country. The city has more than 200,000 people.
Biggest Cities In Lesotho
What is the Currency of Lesotho?
The official currency of Lesotho is the Lesotho loti.