- Name: Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), formerly Zaire
- Capital City: Kinshasa (9,046,000 pop.)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Population: 75,507,308 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Congolese Franc (CDF)
1 franc note
- Ethnicity: over 200 African ethnic groups of which the majority are Bantu; the four largest tribes - Mongo, Luba, Kongo (all Bantu), and the Mangbetu-Azande (Hamitic) make up about 45% of the population
- GDP total: $27.53 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $400 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: French (official), Lingala, Kingwana, Kikongo, Swahili and Tshiluba
- Largest Cities: (by population) Kinshasa, Lubumbashi, Mbuji-Mayi, Kolwezi, Kananga
- Name: 'Congo' is derived from the Bantu kingdom Kongo, and translates to mean "hunters"
- National Day: June 30
- Religion: Catholic, Protestant, others
Democratic Republic Of The Congo's Information
|Land Area||2,267,048 km2|
|Water Area||77,810 km2|
|Total Area||2,344,858km2 (#11)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$65.04 Billion|
|More Information||Democratic Republic Of The Congo|
About Democratic Republic Of The Congo
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World