Wales Geography Statistics of
- Coastline: 1200 km (746 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 7,930 sq miles (20,540 sq km)
(water) 100 sq miles (259 sq km)
(TOTAL) 8,030 sq miles (20,779 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: Wales is divided into 22 unitary
authorities. This includes 9 counties, 3 cities and 10 county boroughs,
although all have equal powers. They are all referred to as counties in
the media for sake of simplicity.
They are Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmartthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan, and Wrexham.
- Regions Map
- Regions: (largest by pop.) Cardiff 1,445,500
- Regions: (largest by size) Powys 5,196 sq km
(2,006 sq miles)
- Horizontal Width: 149 km (92 miles) from St. David's east to Hay on Wye
- Vertical Length: 201 km (124 miles) from Rhyl, directly south to the capital city of Cardiff
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (1) England
- Geographic Center: 19.99 km (12.42 miles) east of Aberystwyth, Wales
- Highest Point: Mt. Snowdon 1,085 m (3,559 ft)
- Lowest Point: Bristol Channel coastline 0 m (0 ft)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World