|Land Area||229,891 km2|
|Water Area||8,500 km2|
|Total Area||238,391km2 (#81)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$441.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$22,300|
View all cities in Romania
- Coastline: 139.81 miles (225 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 88,761 sq miles (229,891 sq km)
(water) 3,282 sq miles (8,500 sq km)
(TOTAL) 92,043 sq miles (238,391 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 41 counties and 1 municipality* in Romania. They are Alba, Arad, Arges, Bacau, Bihor, Bistrita-Nasaud, Botosani, Braila, Brasov, Bucuresti (Bucharest)*, Buzau, Calarasi, Caras-Severin, Cluj, Constanta, Covasna, Dimbovita, Dolj, Galati, Gorj, Giurgiu, Harghita, Hunedoara, Ialomita, Iasi, Ilfov, Maramures, Mehedinti, Mures, Neamt, Olt, Prahova, Salaj, Satu Mare, Sibiu, Suceava, Teleorman, Timis, Tulcea, Vaslui, Vilcea, Vrancea.
- Horizontal Width: 332.18 miles (534.59 km) from Timisoara east to Galati
- Vertical Length: 314.77 miles (506.58 km) from Giurgiu northwest to Satu Mare
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (5) Bulgaria, Hungary, Moldova, Serbia, Ukraine
- Geographic Center: About 40.78 miles (65.62 km) east of Sibiu
- Highest Point: Moldoveanu 8,346 ft (2,544 m)
- Lowest Point: Black Sea 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.
What Continent Is Romania In?
Romania is found in the southeastern portion of the continent of Europe, bordering the Black Sea.