- Name: Romania
- Capital City: Bucharest (10,000,000 pop.)
- Romania Population: 21,790,479 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Romanian leu
- Ethnicity: Romanian 89.5%, Hungarian 6.6%, Roma 2.5%, Ukrainian 0.3%, German 0.3%, Russian 0.2%, Turkish 0.2%, other 0.4%
- GDP total: $274.1 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $12,800 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Romanian 91% (official), Hungarian 6.7%, Romany (Gypsy) 1.1%, other 1.2%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Bucuresti, Iasi, Galati, Timisoara, Constanta, Cluj-Napoca, Craiova, Brasov, Ploiesti, Braila, Oradea, Bacau, Pitesti, Arad, Sibiu, Targu Mures, Baia Mare, Buzau, Botosani, Satu Mare
- Name: Romanian for 'man' or 'person' (it comes from the Latin romanus, "citizen of Rome")
- National Day: December 1
- Religion: Eastern Orthodox (including all sub-denominations) 86.8%, Protestant (various denominations including Reformate and Pentecostal) 7.5%, Roman Catholic 4.7%, other (mostly Muslim) and unspecified 0.9%, none 0.1%
|Land Area||229,891 km2|
|Water Area||8,500 km2|
|Total Area||238,391km2 (#81)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$441.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$22,300|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World