|Land Area||229,891 km2|
|Water Area||8,500 km2|
|Total Area||238,391km2 (#81)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$441.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$22,300|
View all cities in Romania
- Name: Romania
- Capital City: Bucharest (10,000,000 pop.)
- Romania Population: 21,790,479 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Romanian leu
- Ethnicity: Romanian 89.5%, Hungarian 6.6%, Roma 2.5%, Ukrainian 0.3%, German 0.3%, Russian 0.2%, Turkish 0.2%, other 0.4%
- GDP total: $274.1 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $12,800 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Romanian 91% (official), Hungarian 6.7%, Romany (Gypsy) 1.1%, other 1.2%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Bucuresti, Iasi, Galati, Timisoara, Constanta, Cluj-Napoca, Craiova, Brasov, Ploiesti, Braila, Oradea, Bacau, Pitesti, Arad, Sibiu, Targu Mures, Baia Mare, Buzau, Botosani, Satu Mare
- Name: Romanian for 'man' or 'person' (it comes from the Latin romanus, "citizen of Rome")
- National Day: December 1
- Religion: Eastern Orthodox (including all sub-denominations) 86.8%, Protestant (various denominations including Reformate and Pentecostal) 7.5%, Roman Catholic 4.7%, other (mostly Muslim) and unspecified 0.9%, none 0.1%
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.
What Continent Is Romania In?
Romania is found in the southeastern portion of the continent of Europe, bordering the Black Sea.