|Land Area||62,680 km2|
|Water Area||2,620 km2|
|Total Area||65,300km2 (#121)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$85.62 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$29,900|
View all cities in Lithuania
- Coastline: 55.92 miles (90 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 24,201 sq miles (62,680 sq km)
(water) 1,012 sq miles (2,620 sq km)
(TOTAL) 25,212 sq miles (65,300 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 10 counties which are divided into 60 municipalities in Lithuania. The counties include: Alytaus, Kauno, Klaipedos, Marijampoles, Panevezio, Siauliu, Taurages, Telsiu, Utenos, Vilniaus
- Horizontal Width: 199.11 miles (320.43 km) from Klaipeda southeast to Svencionys
- Vertical Length: 152.54 miles (245.48 km) from Druskininkai northwest to Mazeikiai
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (4) Belarus, Latvia, Poland, Russia
- Geographic Center: 15.68 miles (25.23 km) southwest of Panevezys
- Highest Point: Juozapine 964 feet (294 m)
- Lowest Point: Baltic Sea 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What is a Puppet Government?
A "puppet state" is a government that has little will of its own, as it needs financial backing or military support. Thus, it acts an a subordinate to another power in exchange for its own survival. The puppet government still holds its own facade of an identity, perpetuated by retaining its own flag, name, national anthem, law, and constitution. However, these type of governments are not considered as legitimate according to international law.
What Is A Puppet Government?
Are There Any Female Heads of Government?
There are many powerful women in politics around the world. Some examples are Queen Elizabeth and Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom, Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel, and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf the President of Liberia and the first female head of state in Africa.