|Land Area||130,647 km2|
|Water Area||1,310 km2|
|Total Area||131,957km2 (#95)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$291.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$26,800|
View all cities in Greece
- Coastline: 13,676 km (8,497.87 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 50,443 sq miles (130,647 sq km)
(water) 506 sq miles (1,310 sq km)
(TOTAL) 50,949 sq miles (131,957 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are (13) administrative divisions in Greece. Nine on the mainland and four island groups, including: Attica (Athens), Central Greece, Central Macedonia, Crete, East Macedonia and Thrace, Epirus, Ionian Islands, North Aegean, Peloponnese, South Aegean, Thessaly, West Greece and West Macedonia.
- Regions Map
- Regions (largest by population) Attica, 3,769,100
- Regions (largest by size) Thessaly, 19,147 sq km
- Horizontal Width: 550 km (341.7 miles) from the island of Corfu to the northeast border with Turkey
- Vertical Length: 693 km (430.6 miles) from the Bulgarian border to the southern coastline of Crete
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (4) Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia and Turkey
- Geographic Center: (undetermined)
- Highest Point: Mount Olympus, 2,918 meters (9,573.49 feet)
- Lowest Point: Mediterranean Sea, 0 meters
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What Is a Pentathlon?
Pentathlon is a word of Greek origin formed by combining two words, pente (five) and athlon (competition). The Pentathlon is a competition with five different sporting events. Pentathlon events can be traced to Ancient Greek Olympic Games in Olympia city-state where it included the long jump, javelin throw, discus throw, stadion (a series of short races), and a wrestling match as the main event.
10 Sports That Came From Ancient Greece
What Kind of Government Does Greece Have?
Greece is a parliamentary republic and the President, the Head of State of Greece, is elected by the Parliament every five years.
What Type Of Government Does Greece Have?
What Language is Spoken in Greece?
Greek, the official language of Greece, is used by the majority of the country's population. English is the most widely spoken foreign language.
What Languages are Spoken in Greece?
What is the Biggest City in Greece?
Athens, the capital city of Greece, is also the largest city in the country. It has a population of 3.7 million people.
The Biggest Cities In Greece
What are the minority ethnic groups in Greece?
Albanians are the largest ethnic minority in Greece. Other minority groups include Roma (Romani), Aromanians, Macedonians, and Arvanites.
Ethnic Groups of Greece
What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Greece?
Greece in rich in natural resources including arable land, forests, nickel, bauxite, and the country's beautiful scenery.