- Coastline: 13,676 km (8,497.87 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 50,443 sq miles (130,647 sq km)
(water) 506 sq miles (1,310 sq km)
(TOTAL) 50,949 sq miles (131,957 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are (13) administrative divisions in Greece. Nine on the mainland and four island groups, including: Attica (Athens), Central Greece, Central Macedonia, Crete, East Macedonia and Thrace, Epirus, Ionian Islands, North Aegean, Peloponnese, South Aegean, Thessaly, West Greece and West Macedonia.
- Regions Map
- Regions (largest by population) Attica, 3,769,100
- Regions (largest by size) Thessaly, 19,147 sq km
- Horizontal Width: 550 km (341.7 miles) from the island of Corfu to the northeast border with Turkey
- Vertical Length: 693 km (430.6 miles) from the Bulgarian border to the southern coastline of Crete
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (4) Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia and Turkey
- Geographic Center: (undetermined)
- Highest Point: Mount Olympus, 2,918 meters (9,573.49 feet)
- Lowest Point: Mediterranean Sea, 0 meters
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||130,647 km2|
|Water Area||1,310 km2|
|Total Area||131,957km2 (#95)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$291.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$26,800|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World