- Coastline: 2,389 km (1,484.45 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 134,622 sq miles (348,672 sq km)
(water) 3,224 sq miles (8,350 sq km)
(TOTAL) 137,846 sq miles (357,022 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: (16 states)
Baden-Wurttemberg, Bavaria, Berlin, Brandenburg, Bremen, Hamburg, Hesse,
Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Lower Saxony, North Rhine-Westphalia,
Dusseldorf Nordrhein-Westfalen Dusseldorf Rhineland-Palatinate,
Saarland, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Schleswig-Holstein and Thuringia.
Note: Berlin, Bremen and Hamburg are self-governing city-states.
- Regions map
- Regions: (largest by pop) North Rhine - Westphalia, 18,211,500 (2006 est)
- Regions: (largest by size) Bavaria, 70,553 sq km
- Horizontal Width: 642 km (398.9 miles) from the Netherland's border directly west of Dusseldorf to the Neisse River on the border with Poland
- Vertical Length: (max) 833 km (517.6 miles) from its northen border with Denmark to just east of Zugspitze on the Austrian border
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (9) Denmark, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, France, Luxemburg, Belgium and Netherlands.
- Geographic Center: 103.1 km (83.9 miles) west of Leipzig near the Harz mountains
- Highest Point: Zugspitze, 2,963 meters (9,721 ft)
- Lowest Point: Neuendorf bei Wilster,
(-3.54 meters) (-11.6 ft)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||348,672 km2|
|Water Area||8,350 km2|
|Total Area||357,022km2 (#62)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$3,980.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$48,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
29 Largest Armies In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?