- Name: England
- Capital City: London (7,556,900 pop.)
- England Population: 53,012,456 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: British Pound Sterling (GBP)
One British Pound Sterling
- Ethnicity: White 88.2%, Asian 5.7%, Black 2.8%, Mixed 1.7%, Chinese 0.9%, other 0.7%
- GDP total: $2.68 trillion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $50,566 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English
- Largest Cities: (by population) London, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Manchester, Bristol, Wakefield, Coventry
- Name: The name England comes from a group of Saxons who called themselves "Engle" that conquered the area.
- National Day: St. George's Day, April 23
- Religion: Christian, Muslim, Hindi, others
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World