- Name: England
- Capital City: London (7,556,900 pop.)
- England Population: 53,012,456 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: British Pound Sterling (GBP)
One British Pound Sterling
- Ethnicity: White 88.2%, Asian 5.7%, Black 2.8%, Mixed 1.7%, Chinese 0.9%, other 0.7%
- GDP total: $2.68 trillion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $50,566 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English
- Largest Cities: (by population) London, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Manchester, Bristol, Wakefield, Coventry
- Name: The name England comes from a group of Saxons who called themselves "Engle" that conquered the area.
- National Day: St. George's Day, April 23
- Religion: Christian, Muslim, Hindi, others
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
Countries of Europe
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.