- Name: Qatar
(long form) State of Qatar
- Capital City: Doha (1,450,000 pop.)
- Qatar Population: 2,042,444 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Qatari Rial (QAR)
- Ethnicity: Arab 40%, Indian 18%, Pakistani 18%, Iranian 10%, other 14%
- GDP total: $189 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $102,800 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Arabic (official), English commonly used as a second language
- Largest Cities: (by population) Doha, Ar Rayyan, Umm Salal Muhammad, Al Wakrah, Al Khawr
- Name: It is said that Qatar is derived from Qatara, which is believed to refer to the ancient trading port of Zubara
- National Day: September 3
- Religion: Muslim 77.5%, Christian 8.5%, other 14%
|Land Area||11,586 km2|
|Total Area||11,586km2 (#158)|
|Government Type||Absolute Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$335.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$129,700|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World