- Coastline: 4,349 miles (7,000 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 1,147,950 sq miles (2,973,193 sq km)
(water) 121,262 sq miles (314,070 sq km)
(TOTAL) 1,269,212 sq miles (3,287,263 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 28 states, including Andhra Pradesh,
Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana,
Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala,
Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland,
Orissa, Punjab and Rajasthan.
In addition, there are 7 union territories; including Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadra, Nagar Haveli, Daman, Diu, Delhi, Lakshadweep and Pondicherry.
- Horizontal Width: 1,010.32 miles (1,625.95 km) from Ahmadabad east to Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Vertical Length: 1,522.7 miles (2,450.55 km) from Amritsar south to Kochi
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (6) Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma (Myanmar), China, Nepal, Pakistan
- Geographic Center: About 33.64 miles (54.13 km) east of Bhopal
- Highest Point: Kanchenjunga 28,208 ft (8,598 m)
- Lowest Point: Indian Ocean 0m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||2,973,193 km2|
|Water Area||314,070 km2|
|Total Area||3,287,263km2 (#7)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$8,720.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$6,700|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World