|Land Area||627,337 km2|
|Water Area||10,320 km2|
|Total Area||637,657km2 (#43)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$4.72 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$400|
View all cities in Somalia
- Coastline: 1,879 miles (3,025 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 242,215 sq miles (627,337 sq km)
(water) 3,985 sq miles (10,320 sq km)
(TOTAL) 246,199 sq miles (637,657 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 18 regions in Somalia. They are Awdal, Bakool, Banaadir, Bari, Bay, Galguduud, Gedo, Hiiraan, Jubbada Dhexe (Middle Jubba), Jubbada Hoose (Lower Jubba), Mudug, Nugaal, Sanaag, Shabeellaha Dhexe (Middle Shabeelle), Shabeellaha Hoose (Lower Shabeelle), Sool, Togdheer, Woqooyi Galbeed
- Horizontal Width: 238.96 miles (384.56 km) from Beledweyne east to Hobyo
- Vertical Length: 675.12 miles (1,086.5 km) from Boosaaso south to Mogadishu
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (3) Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya
- Geographic Center: About 97.92 miles (157.58 km) west of Hobyo
- Highest Point: Shimbiris 7,926 ft (2,416 m)
- Lowest Point: Indian Ocean 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What Kind of Government Does Somalia Have?
The government of Somalia is headed by the President of Somalia, to whom the Cabinet reports through the Prime Minister.
What Type Of Government Does Somalia Have?
What is the tallest mountain in Somalia?
Mount Shimbiris, also known as Mount Surud Cad, is the tallest mountain in Somalia with an elevation of 8,070 feet above sea level.
Tallest Mountains In Somalia
What is the biggest city in Somalia?
Mogadishu is home to 2,425,000 inhabitants making it the largest city in Somalia.
Biggest Cities In Somalia
What are the Ecological Regions of Somalia?
Ecological regions in Somalia include East African Mangroves, the Hobyo Grasslands and Shrublands, and the Ethiopian Montane Forests.
Ecological Regions Of Somalia
What Is The Puntland State Of Somalia?
Puntland State is a self-declared state located in Somalia’s northeastern region. Although the local leaders of Puntland have claimed it as an autonomous state, the international community regards it as an autonomous region of Somalia.