- Name: Mali
- Capital City: Bamako (1,809,106 pop.)
- Mali Population: 15,968,882 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: West African CFA franc
5000 West African Francs
- Ethnicity: Mande 50% (Bambara, Malinke, Soninke), Peul 17%, Voltaic 12%, Songhai 6%, Tuareg and Moor 10%, other 5%
- GDP total: $18.28 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $1,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: French (official), Bambara 80%, numerous African languages
- Largest Cities: (by population) Bamako, Sikasso, Mopti, Koutiala, Kayes Ndi, Segou
- Name: Mali is named after the ancient West African Kingdom, and translates to, "Hippopotamus," in Malinke and Bamana.
- National Day: September 22
- Religion: Muslim 90%, Christian 1%, indigenous beliefs 9%
|Land Area||1,220,190 km2|
|Water Area||20,002 km2|
|Total Area||1,240,192km2 (#23)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$38.09 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,300|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World