- Name: Kenya
(long form) Republic of Kenya
- Capital City: Nairobi (3,138,295 pop.)
- Kenya Population: 44,037,656 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Kenyan shilling
50 Kenyan shillings
- Ethnicity: Kikuyu 22%, Luhya 14%, Luo 13%, Kalenjin 12%, Kamba 11%, Kisii 6%, Meru 6%, other African 15%, non-African (Asian, European, and Arab) 1%
- GDP total: $76.07 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $1,800 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), Kiswahili (official), numerous indigenous languages
- Largest Cities: (by population) Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kisumu
- Name: from the Kikuyu phrase Kere Nyaga, meaning "White Mountain" named for Mount Kenya
- National Day: December 12
- Religion: Protestant 45%, Roman Catholic 33%, Muslim 10%, indigenous beliefs 10%, other 2% note: a large majority of Kenyans are Christian, but estimates for the percentage of the population that adheres to Islam or indigenous beliefs vary widely
|Land Area||569,140 km2|
|Water Area||11,227 km2|
|Total Area||580,367km2 (#48)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$153.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,400|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World