Quick Facts and Figures
- Official Name Northern Mariana Islands, a commonwealth territory of the U.S., claimed 1947
- Capital Island of Saipan
- Languages English, Chamorro, Carolinian
- Official Currency US Dollar
- Religions Catholic, traditional beliefs
- Population 77,311 (July 2002 est.)
- Land Area 447 sq km (172.5 sq miles)
- Latitude/Longitude 15º 12' N, 145º 45' E
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on July 12, 2016.