- Name: Fiji
(long form) Republic of Fiji
- Capital City: Suva (88,271 pop.)
- Fiji Population: 849,000 (2010 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Fiji Dollar
One Fiji Dollar
- Ethnicity: Fijian 57.3% (predominantly Melanesian with a Polynesian admixture), Indian 37.6%, Rotuman 1.2%, other 3.9% (European, other Pacific Islanders, Chinese)
- GDP total: $3.792 billion (2010 est.)
- GDP per capita: $4,300 (2010 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), Fijian (official), Hindustani
- Largest Cities: (by population) Suva, Lautoka, Nadi, Lambasa, Ba
- Name: "Fiji" is derived from the name of the main island Viti Levu
- National Day: Second Monday of October
- Religion: Christian 64.5% (Methodist 34.6%, Roman Catholic 9.1%, Assembly of God 5.7%, Seventh Day Adventist 3.9%, Anglican 0.8%, other 10.4%), Hindu 27.9%, Muslim 6.3%, Sikh 0.3%, other or unspecified 0.3%, none 0.7%
|Land Area||18,274 km2|
|Total Area||18,274km2 (#151)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$8.37 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$9,400|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
Where Do Hamsters Live in the Wild?
29 Largest Armies In The World