South Australia Geography Statistics of
- Coastline: 3,148 miles (5,067 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 379,725 sq miles (983,482 sq km)
(water) 23,178 sq miles (60,032 sq km)
(TOTAL) 402,903 sq miles (1,043,514 sq km)
- To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
- use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 49 counties in South Australia
- Horizontal Width: 722.64 miles (1162.97 km) from Marla east to Clifton Hills
- Vertical Length: 1,184 miles (1,905 km) from Clifton Hills south to Mount Gambier
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States/Territories: (5) New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, Northern Territory, and Western Australia
- Geographic Center: About 78.43 miles (126.22 km) southeast of Coober Pedy
- Highest Point: Mt. Woodroffe 4,708 ft (1,435 m)
- Lowest Point: Lake Eyre −16 m (−52.5 ft)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World