Australian Capital Territory Facts
- Name: Australian Capital Territory
- Capital: Canberra (382,900 population) (2014)
- Population: 373,100 (2012)
- Population Density: 160/km2 (414.4 /sq mi)
- Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Australian Dollar
5 Australian Dollars
- Capital Territory GSP (gross state product) per capita: A$72,411 (2011-2012)
- Australian Ethnicity: (countrywide) English 32%, Australian 27%, Irish 7%, Italian 4%, indigenous 3%, Scottish 2%, German 2%, Chinese 2%
- Australian Languages: (countrywide) English 78.5%, Chinese 2.5%, Italian 1.6%, Greek 1.3%, Arabic 1.2%, Vietnamese 1%, other 8.2%, unspecified 5.7% (2006 Census)
- Australian Religion: (countrywide) Protestant 27.4% (Anglican 18.7%, Uniting Church 5.7%, Presbyterian and Reformed 3%), Catholic 25.8%, Eastern Orthodox 2.7%, other Christian 7.9%, Buddhist 2.1%, Muslim 1.7%, other 2.4%, unspecified 11.3%, none 18.7% (2006 Census)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Canberra
- Name: Self-descriptive
- National Day: January 26
- Time Zone UTC+10 (AEST) UTC+11 (AEDT)
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World