- Land Area:
(land) 30,109 sq miles
(water) 1,896 sq miles
(TOTAL) 32,005 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 199 miles from Strom Thurmond Resevoir, east to Myrtle Beach
- Vertical Length: 193 miles from Rock Hill, straight south to Hilton Head Island
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point,
straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will
vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (2) Georgia, North Carolina
- Counties: (46) Map
- County: (largest by population) Charleston 309,969
- Geographic Center: about 13 miles SE of Columbia in Richland County
- Highest Point: Sassafras Mountain on the far northwestern edge of the state, standing at 3,560 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 348 ft.
- Relative Location